A new month has started, so here’s the monthly post with all the events to take place in November in Maremma , especially in the production are of Morellino di Scansano (or close by, in any case) offering a good excuse to visit our territory in the coming weeks. The post will be added during the month, should any new event come up, so return to this page in the following days. And if you have any event to recommend, leave a comment, we’ll be happy to added it.
(for those who want to taste the flavours of our territory)
- Santa Fiora, 6-8th November – Sagra del marrone, food stands, dedicated to chestnuts (marroni), markets and visit to the spring gallery.
- Semproniano (loc. Petricci) – 14-15th November – Prodotti Poveri per Ricchi Sapori, itinerating lunches and dinners in the old pantries, folk music and songs. On Saturday from 5 pm to midnight and Sunday from noon to midnight (plus there’s a carriage ride at 10 am).
- Manciano (loc. Marsiliana) – 14-15th November, Festa dell’olio nuovo, celebrating the new olive oil with tastings, bruschetta and chestnuts with Maremma folk songs in the background; info via email here.
(for those who love the outdoors)
- Orbetello – 15th November – Corri nella Riserva – a 10 km run in the Feniglia Natural Reserve. More info on the Trisport Argentario website
- Semproniano (loc. Petricci) – 15th November – Gustatrekking a walk on the tracks between the local villages, organised by Terra Mare. Bring your own packet lunch but you’ll also taste typical local products – the walk ends at Prodotti poveri per ricchi sapori (see above). Info here.
- Sovana and Pitigliano – 15th November – Vie Cave a walk through the Vie Cave between Pitigliano and Sovana. Info here.
- Scansano – 22nd November – Villa Romana degli Anili, a visit to the Roman Villa of the Anili, organised by Uisp Grosseto. Medium difficulty, meeting point at 8:45 in via Ravel in Grosseto, info via email here.
(for rainy days, though not necessarily)
- Grosseto – until 31st December – Uomini e Elefanti nella Maremma Preistorica an exhibition dedicated to men and elephants (mammuths inside Complesso del Cassero Senese in Grosseto presenting the story and the essential steps of the finding and restoring of paleontological remains, with a multidisciplinary, narrative approach. Open on Saturdays from 5 pm till 8 pm. Tickets are 3 euros, entrance is free for children under 6 years old.
- Grosseto – until 31st December, Paesaggio e risorse alimentari in Maremma nell’epoca moderna – a documentary exhibition on the landscapes and food resources of Maremma in modern times at Archivio di Stato.